What Can You Cook In A Toaster Oven: Quick Tips And Tricks
Toaster Ovens are heaven-sent kitchen equipment. The fast-paced lifestyle barely allows free time to cook and prepare meals, but these tools have made that possible. And if you're wondering what can you cook in a toaster oven besides toast, we'll give you some tips, tricks, and quick recipes in between.
Quick Guide: Everything You Need To Know About Toaster Ovens
Toaster ovens are compact, useful kitchen equipment, and although they don't provide the full functionality of an oven, they have amazing features as well.
Benefits Of A Toaster Oven:
- It uses less space, which makes it perfect for one-bedroom units and small rental spaces.
- It is energy-efficient and takes less time to heat food.
- An oven toaster is portable and easy to move around the house.
- Its size makes it easier to clean.
Some Things Your Toaster Oven Can Do:
So, what can you cook in a toaster oven? You can do more than just cook. Here are some other uses for your toaster oven:
A toaster oven uses convection, which means it circulates heat in the oven using a fan. Your conventional oven does not have this technology, which means you need to check your pans occasionally because pans too close to its heating sources might burn your food. Because of the element of even heat distribution, baking is easier in toaster ovens than a conventional oven.
2 Quick Recipes For Your Toaster Oven
Dehydrate fruits with your toaster oven.
Things you need:
- Lemon juice
- Cookie sheets or a flat pan
- Make a soak mixture of lemon juice and water for your fruits.
- Soak your slices of fruits in this mixture for 5 minutes before drying them.
- Set the toaster oven to its lowest setting.
- Leave your toaster oven slightly open.
- Check on your fruits regularly until they're finally ready!
Bake cookies in your toaster oven.
- Set your toaster oven to 400 degrees F.
- Allow it to heat for 10 minutes.
- Whisk your cookie mix.
- After combining butter, eggs and sugar, add some flour.
- Place them on your pan at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake soft cookies for 12 min.
- Bake crisper cookies for 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool before removing them with a spatula.
- Cool down your pan before adding more cookies to bake.
Other Food Ideas For Your Toaster Oven
Now that you have two ideas on what can you cook in a toaster oven, here are some other things you can try:
- Roast or toast some nuts
- Bake simple biscuits
- Heat up dishes
- Bake more pastries like muffins and cakes
- Bake a pizza
- Cook bacon and other thin slices of meat
- Bake some potatoes
- Bake or roast chicken
There are a lot of things you can cook with a toaster oven. Newer models have better temperature options that allow you to try other dishes as well. The question is not what can you cook in a toaster oven, but what other awesome things can your toaster oven do for you.