How To Deep Clean Toaster Oven
No matter how small an oven toaster is, it serves the job of pretty much everything from toasting, cooking, and reheating your day to day meal. Maintaining the cleanliness of this kitchen equipment is a must to avoid health and sanitation problems. Check out this article to know how to deep clean a toaster oven safely and effectively.
Clean Your Toaster for a Clean Stomach
Everything you put in your oven toaster will go to your stomach. Oven toasters saved many people’s time since the day that it has been invented. But this little kitchen equipment isn’t only home for food but can also be bacteria’s haven.
Take note of the following steps on how to deep clean toaster oven to make sure that you are out of harm’s way:
- Before doing the cleaning process, put in mind that your toaster oven should be unplugged from its power source because it’s going to deal with liquid particles once the cleaning begins.
- Take your toaster oven from your countertop and place it on another flat surface. In this step, make sure that you have something that will catch all the dirt and crumbs once you remove the rack and the pan out from the inside of the oven.
- Separate the rack and pan from the main body and place them in the sink to wash. After washing, soak them in a hot water to kill the bacteria and to remove food residues.
- While the rack and pan are sitting on the hot water, it’s now time to clean the main body. In this process, you don’t have to purchase expensive cleaning agents. If you have baking soda and vinegar resting in your pantry, then you’re good to go.
- How to clean a toaster oven inside? Make a paste out of baking soda and water, the amount depends on how big or small your toaster is. After the mixture is set, take a rubber glove and apply the baking soda paste to every corner of your oven’s interior surface. Make sure that you coat everything well. Add more amount of paste to the area where there are more grease and stubborn dirt.
- Let the paste sit on the oven overnight or longer if needed.
- After more than 12 hours, you can now remove the baking soda paste from the inside of the oven. Gently do this process to avoid damaging the interior metal wall. Continue wiping until you see that your toaster oven is clean enough.
- Also, don’t forget to take off your oven pan and rack from the water. Wash it with soap to remove the residues.
- Let your toaster oven dry completely before you put them back in place and use them again.
That’s how to deep clean a toaster oven without having to spend bucks in your local appliance cleaning shops. Knowing how to deep clean toaster oven step by step is not enough, remember that you should take extra precaution to prevent serious damage in your oven especially if you are using harsh cleaning agents.
Now that you know the proper way of how to deep clean toaster oven, it’s time to combat the grease and dirt present in your oven. It can be a long and boring process, but you’re a step away from having a safe and clean home for your family’s food.