How To Clean Crumbs Out Of A Toaster
Are you disgusted by the crumb residue in your toaster? Check this out! Master the distinct steps in how to clean crumbs out of a toaster. But first, you must know the basics on how to clean a toaster. Follow until the end to know such an essential skill in your kitchen.
Unlocking a New Kitchen Skill
It is way too obvious that we prefer cleanliness all the time especially in the kitchen. One problem is that when using an oven toaster there will always be residue left. It seems like having a clean toaster is kind of rare. If cleaning a toaster is not part of your daily, weekly, or even monthly routine, well good news for you! In this article, we are going to study the proper way on how to clean crumbs out of a toaster.
How to clean a toaster? When you heard that for the first time it may seem a complex thing to do. But actually, it is kind of easy. Listed steps below are the chronological and optimal ways on how to clean crumbs out of a toaster.
- Unplug: Make sure to unplug your toaster before the proper cleaning. Also, let the toaster cool down before you proceed. This is necessary to avoid accidents.
- Tray Cleaning: In a toaster, there is a removable tray. Take the tray out of the toaster and carefully clean the tray by simply brushing it and apply dishwashing liquid using foam and a scouring pad. If there are crumbs and other residues left then try using steel wool and rub it to the tray until there are no crumbs left.
- Shake the Toaster: You just simply turn your toaster upside down and shake it for quite a while. As you can see some crumbs will fall as you start to shake the toaster. For efficient cleaning make sure that the toaster is pointed towards the sink or trash can so that you won’t need to clean again the crumbs that fell. Also, stop shaking when there are already no crumbs falling.
- Vacuum: This step will be a bit unconventional and new to you. After the shaking part, there will always be crumbs left in the toaster. To clean it well and attain the proper way on how to clean crumbs out of a toaster, you need a vacuum and a sturdy plastic straw. Yes, you heard it right! You just need to manually connect the nozzle/hose and straw. Then turn on the vacuum cleaner. As you can see the crumbs will be sucked in the straw.
- Make this a Routine: Crumbs and other residues will always come back as you repeatedly use your toaster. Since you learned the proper way on how to clean crumbs out of a toaster. You can now make it a routine. Clean your toaster twice every month.
Well, that’s pretty much it! You have now unlocked a new kitchen skill on how to clean crumbs out of a toaster. All you need is to acquire the materials and follow the steps carefully. It may sound cheesy but we must always live by the saying “Cleanliness is next to Godliness”.