How To Clean A Toaster Oven With Baking Soda?
Your oven toaster is your holy grail whenever you run late for work or school. It has gone through a lot of greasiness topped with a stinky smell. Cleaning it can be a little nasty, but don’t worry, in this article, you will learn how to clean a toaster oven with baking soda. An easy, affordable, and simple way to bring back the beauty of your toaster.
Why Baking Soda
A clean toaster oven can give anyone peace of mind. Investing in expensive cleaning agents isn’t always worth it. Instead of completely doing the job, they can often put your toaster’s condition into harm’s way. They contain a harsh set of ingredients that might weaken your oven’s performance.
Thanks to the invention of Baking Soda – it works magically to everything without paying a higher price. It has the power to dissolve any unwanted and nasty grease in every corner of your oven toaster. Check down below on how to clean a toaster oven with baking soda.
The Cleaning Process
Listed down below are easy and simple steps on how to clean a toaster oven with baking soda:
- Baking soda isn’t enough. Make sure to grab the following materials to completely make your cleaning job successful:
- Clean water
- Cleaning gloves
- Any spray bottle of your choice. You can use old plastic perfume bottles for this one.
- Startup by removing the racks inside your oven. Also, include the built-in thermometer and any other accessories inside. Put them in a separate place.
- To be able to transform your baking soda into a cleaning agent, you need to make a paste out of it. To do it, simply mix a cup or half a cup of baking soda and water. Stir it until a paste-like texture is produced. Make sure that you have enough amount of spreadable paste because you are going to coat the entire surface of your oven with it.
- Get your cleaning rubber gloves for this step. Then use your hands to apply the baking soda paste onto the inner surface of your oven. Wearing a glove is a must in this step because you are going to deal with all the dirt and grease during this process. Put more paste on the area where most grease resides.
- Let the applied paste rest on your oven overnight so that it can completely do its job.
- While the paste sits on the body of the oven, you can go ahead and clean the racks and pan by letting them sit on hot water for 3 hours or more before scrubbing it with a brush and soap.
- After 12 hours, wipe off the baking soda with a clean rag or tissue.
- If there’s any residue, use a dash of vinegar to remove it.
That’s how to clean a toaster oven with baking soda.
It is a must to know how to clean a toaster oven with baking soda properly to avoid the risk of damaging it. Enjoy a good cleaning experience with just a cheap yet effective cleaning agent that’s available in your home pantry.