How To Clean A Dirty Toaster Oven: Quick Guide
An oven toaster is one of the most useful cooking appliances to own. From toast to chicken and baked goodies, this tool is a kitchen lifesaver. But using it a lot also means getting it dirty frequently. In this article, we will teach you how to clean a dirty toaster oven so you'll always experience the freshness of clean cooking equipment.
A Quick Guide To Cleaning A Toaster Oven
Oven toasters have sensitive material that needs a special kind of cleaning. Let's look into the different ways on how to clean a dirty toaster oven below.
Things you need:
- Clean, soft cloth
- Dishwashing liquid
- Non-abrasive pad or sponge
- Diluted vinegar (optional)
- Glass cleaner (for the exterior)
Note: Make sure to have the manufacturer's manual handy so you can check its specific care instructions.
- Step 1 - Disconnect the toaster oven from its power source.
- Step 2 - Remove the steel rack and tray from the toaster oven.
- Step 3 - Use the clean cloth or a toothbrush to clean any crumbs and loose dirt from inside.
- Step 4 - Clean the tray and the rack separately by immersing it in warm soapy water.
- Step 5 - Create a mixture of warm water with dishwashing liquid and a little vinegar, if available.
- Step 6 - Dampen your cloth or sponge in the mixture and wipe your toaster oven's interiors and avoid the heating elements.
- Step 7 - To clean the heating instruments in your toaster oven, use a soft clean cloth dampened in water. Do not use any soap or cleaner for these parts to avoid any damage.
- Reminder: Always check your manual for any precautions against touching sensitive parts of your toaster oven.
- Step 8 - Clean the ceiling of the toaster oven with a sponge dipped in the mixture.
- Step 9 - Spray glass cleaner on a soft cloth and clean the exterior of your toaster oven and include the LCD screen, knobs, and buttons.
- Step 10 - Replace the rack and the tray after wiping them clean and ensure the entire oven is clean before plugging it back to the socket.
How To Keep Your Toaster Oven Clean
Now that you know how to clean a dirty toaster oven let's check on the tips to keep it clean.
- Clean your toaster oven after every use. Although an excellent weekly cleaning is crucial, a daily cleanse ensures crumbs don't harden, and oils don't stain the interiors.
- Make sure your toaster oven has cooled off before washing.
- Wipe your toaster oven's interiors, rack, and tray before use.
- Avoid mixing your food with the smell of previously baked or toasted food by checking it before every use.
A toaster oven is a useful kitchen tool to own since it makes a lot of baking and toasting so much easier. Now that you know how to clean a dirty toaster oven, this kitchen investment can last much longer.