How To Bake A Potato In A Toaster Oven: Easy And Healthy Recipe
Potato is an all-around vegetable that can be served in almost every meal. From mashed potato to French fries, you can never go wrong with this veggie. In this article, you will learn a new potato recipe that can be made straight from your oven. So, how to bake a potato in a toaster oven? Read until the end to learn the process.
Baked Potato for Weight Loss
If you’re in for a healthy side dish or snack, a baked potato can be the best choice for you. You just need to have a potato and an oven and you’re good to go! But before you learn how to bake a potato in a toaster oven, have first an idea on how it can affect your daily diet.
Potato recipes have been tagged by a lot of people as something that can ruin a weight loss plan. Of course, fries and other potato dishes are cooked in a way that includes high-fat oil and other unhealthy sets of ingredients. But a baked potato is a total opposite of those other recipes.
- Since it is baked, it is much healthier because you can get all the nutrients from the skin and almost all the nutrients from the inside of the potato.
- To make it better for losing weight, avoid adding high-calory ingredients such as cheese and butter.
To make your delicious potato dish, check out the recipe down below on how to bake a potato in a toaster oven.
Baked Potato Recipe
So how to bake a potato in a toaster oven with few easy steps?
- To make sure that your oven is already hot enough for the actual baking process, preheat it until 430 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Get your potatoes and rinse them well to remove dirt from the skin. Remember to pick ones that do not contain a lot of dark spots on the skin.
- Get a fork and make holes on the potato. This is to prevent your potato from bursting inside because steam needs to go out. This process can cook the inside of the potato better.
- To make sure that your potato will be flavorful enough, rub or spay less fat oil on it such as olive oil.
- Then, wrap your potato with an aluminum foil and you’re now ready to put it in the toaster oven tray.
- Bake it for about 45 minutes or an hour. Wait until the inside is fairly tender.
- If your potato is ready to be taken from the oven, take out the tray and let it sit for about 3 to 5 minutes outside of the oven.
- After some time, your baked potato is now ready to be served!
That’s how to bake a potato in a toaster oven fast and easy. You can now enjoy your delicious meal without having to worry about your weight loss plan! For a better-baked potato experience, you can top it off with healthy toppings while watching your favorite Netflix show.