How Many Calories In Peanut Butter Toast: Interesting Facts
Did you have peanut butter toast for breakfast? How many calories in peanut butter toast? If you are trying to lose some pounds, you get to be conscious of how much is your calorie intake. You tend to check your food's nutritional value because the least you want to happen to gain more weight than lose.
Peanut Butter Toast Nutritional Facts
Peanut butter alone contains nearly 100 calories in each tablespoon. It is high in protein, fat content, and also rich in fiber. At the same time, the bread would have around 75 - 80 calories depending on the type. Avoid those obvious high-calorie bread like the potato bread. The healthier option is the whole-grain bread due to its huge fiber content.
Therefore, you will be eating around 200 calories for one slice of toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
Benefits Of Peanut Butter
Although peanut butter on toast may seem to be a high-calorie snack, there are tons of health benefits that go with it.
- Because peanut butter is high in fiber, it helps make you feel full for a longer period. This makes you eat less. Thus, resulting in weight loss.
- Peanut butter contains health unsaturated fat, which lowers the risk of cardiovascular and heart disease.
- Peanut butter is also rich in iron and calcium that helps in your blood circulation and bones.
- Because of peanut butter's ability to reduce bad cholesterol in a person's body and increase the good cholesterol, it helps in lowering the risk for diabetes.
- Due to its high protein and potassium. It's perfect for a body builder's nutrition to help them in weightlifting.
Homemade Peanut Butter For Your Toast
Try out this easy peanut butter recipe that you can put in your toast. It's easy and will only take 5 minutes of your time. There's nothing better than homemade.
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 to 2 tbsp honey or sugar
- salt to taste
- Plut all the peanuts in the food processor and process it for about 4 to 5 minutes until it turns creamy.
- Add the other ingredients like the sugar or honey, and if you want to add salt, you may do so.
- Put your peanut butter in the refrigerator or leave it at room temperature.
What To Pair With Your Peanut Butter
Here are other food you can try putting some peanut butter to make it better.
- Oatmeal + Peanut Butter - Another great breakfast suggestion. You can toss some fruits and nuts in your bowl as well.
- Chicken + Peanut Sauce - You can substitute you barbecue sauce and try to make peanut butter sauce instead.
- Pasta + Peanut Butter- combine peanut butter with other flavors like lime, ginger, or garlic.
- Fruits and Veggies + Peanut Butter - Apples, bananas, and celery are perfect with peanut butter.
- Pork + Peanut sauce - Aside from chicken, pork can be paired with peanut butter to make a pork sate.
How many calories in peanut butter toast? Well, it's big but you can also get bigger health benefits.