How Many Calories Are In A French Toast? – Your Guide To Counting Calories
Nothing is more comforting than waking up to the smelly aroma of coffee and a regular French toast in a bright and cozy morning. But if you are going to be signing up to a healthy diet, you might want to check out this article to know how many calories are there in a French toast and a healthy French toast recipe.
French Toast for Weight Loss
Having an idea of how many calories in French toast you can get is a must for those who are trying to lose weight. Breakfast is an essential meal for everyone and if you want to lose weight significantly, your first meal of the day should set the standard of how many calories you will get again for your next meal.
So, how many calories in French toast are available for you, and are they good for your weight loss journey?
French toasts are not recommended by many diet specialists because of how they are done. Your regular French toasts are fried in oil that contains a huge amount of fat. One slice of it contains calories that range from about 160-220 in the count. Remember, that is just one slice! But dont’ worry there is a possible way that you can still have your French toast for breakfast without having to worry about huge fat intake.
Check down below to see how to make a healthy French toast recipe.
Healthy French Toast Recipe
- A cup of milk (make sure that it has no sugar and doesn’t contain dairy products)
- Whole grain bread (your desired number of slices, choose a bread that doesn’t contain sugar)
- ½ cup of egg white
- Vanilla extract
- Get a bowl to mix the ingredients. Put the cup of milk, vanilla extract, and egg white and mix them. Stop until all of them are whisked well.
- Take your bread slices, dip and soak in the mixture. Remember to equally soak each side of the bread.
- And of course, to make your French toast healthier toast your bread in a pan without any oil.
- Make sure to minimize the fire to avoid your bread from burning.
- Since you don’t fry it in oil, you have to cook it longer than usual to make sure that both sides are completely toasted.
- Lastly, serve your French toast in a plate and top it off with honey or any healthy toppings of your choice. You can also use maple syrup, strawberry, or raspberry for this step.
Serve it With Love
Now that you have an idea of how many calories in French toast you can get and how to make a healthier set of French toast for breakfast, you can now serve one for yourself. See? Even if you are on the road to having a healthy lifestyle, you can still eat your favorite food on the right track.