How Long To Toast English Muffins In The Oven: Quick And Easy Recipe
English muffins are a great alternative to white bread—even wheat bread—as it is lower in calories. The majority of these calories come from energy-giving carbohydrates that are good for your brain and muscles.
You can bake your very own English muffins. Or, buy them at your favorite bakeshop and toast them at home. Learn how long to toast English muffins in oven to enjoy a tender-crisp texture in your next snack.
To make four to five dozens of small toasts, prepare the following ingredients:
- 6 English muffins, unsplit
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- Rounded 1/4 teaspoon salt
Reminder, this recipe works for unsplit muffins, not on pre-cut ones.
The whole process of how to toast English muffins is easy. Let’s start!
If you do not have a toaster at home that can accommodate bread, such as English muffins, the oven can be of great help.
To toast English muffins in oven, follow these simple steps:
- Prepare the oven. Place the oven rack in the middle position. Then, pre-heat it at 350o to 375o Fahrenheit.
- Cut your muffins crosswise in half.
- Arrange them in a thick baking sheet, cut-side down.
- Set them at the center of the oven rack.
- Brush the muffins with butter.
- Put them in the oven and bake until they are pale golden. It should take 10 to 15 minutes. However, keep an eye on your muffins to make sure they do not get burnt.
- Turn each slice over and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Take the muffins out of the oven.
- Sprinkle the buttered sides with salt.
- Serve them warm.
- If you plan to serve them the next day, let the muffins cool completely without covering them. After, place the muffins in an airtight container.
For a darker toast, you may leave your muffins longer in the oven. However, do not let them burn.
Use The Broiler Setting
Here’s a quicker way to toast your English muffins in the oven.
- Set the oven to Broil.
- Cut your muffins into half.
- Put the slices on a sheet pan.
- When the oven is preheated, place the pan on the oven’s top rack, which is closest to the broiler.
- Watch your muffins closely to keep them from burning. It should take two minutes to toast each side.
- A minute before you take them out, drop a butter cube on each slice.
- Take them out of the oven and enjoy the buttery goodness!
No toaster, no problem! Toast your bread in the oven with the quick and easy steps shared here. Remember, how long to toast English muffins in oven will depend on how dark you want your toasts are. Do not leave the appliance unattended while toasting. Keep an eye on your toasts so that you can achieve your desired crisp.