Can You Cook Chicken In A Toaster Oven? – And More!
Are you thinking about more ways of using your new toaster oven? Do not be scared to experiment, so long that you know the basics of proper use.
Below, we are sharing a recipe that will make you leap with a ‘Yes!’ the next time someone asks you, can you cook chicken in a toaster oven?
Materials And Ingredients
For this chicken recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Melted butter or olive oil
- Seasoning—you may opt for herbs such as rosemary, thyme, garlic, and onion; or you stick to salt and pepper, whichever you prefer
You will also need a foil and a cooking spray. If you want to be precise with your internal temperature, a meat thermometer will come in handy.
Importantly, check if your toaster oven is in good working condition.
How To Cook Chicken Breast In Toaster Oven
To cook chicken in toaster oven, follow the steps discussed below. This recipe also works if you want to learn how to bake chicken in toaster oven.
- Pre-heat your toaster oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. If your appliance has cooking options, then select ‘Bake’.
- While pre-heating, rub your desired seasoning into the fresh chicken breasts.
- Then, line the oven tray with aluminum foil. Apply the cooking spray into the foil.
- Arrange the meat on the tray in a way that is not overcrowded.
- Brush olive oil or melted butter lightly.
- Place the tray in the oven. Grill for 40 to 45 minutes.
- The chicken will be fully cooked with an internal temperature of 165o Fahrenheit. Use your meat thermometer to check.
- After grilling, let the chicken rest for five minutes.
- Serve with your favorite garnish.
You can refrigerate your baked chicken up to four days. Store it in the freezer, and the chicken can last up to four months. Remember to let it cool first before placing in the refrigerator or freezer.
Other Uses Of Toaster Oven
Your toaster oven is very functional and user-friendly. Here is a list of more things that you can do with it:
- Reheat leftover or frozen food
- Roast meat and vegetables
- Roast nuts
- Dehydrate fruits and vegetables
- Bake cookies, muffins, and cakes
- Bake a pizza
- Make biscuits
- Make baked potatoes
- Make croutons
- Toast coconut
- Cook bacon
- Warm plates before a meal to keep food from getting cold
Some Safety Precautions
- Do not leave your toaster oven unattended when in use.
- Always unplug the toaster when it is not in use.
- Handle hot food carefully to avoid injury.
- Keep it away from curtains and other combustible materials.
So, can you cook chicken in a toaster oven? You learned here that, indeed, you could. And what more, it is very easy and quick.
Try to utilize your toaster oven for other recipes. Always remember to set it to the right temperature, as each recipe suggests. Also, follow safety precautions when using your appliance. This way, you can relish your meals without any hassle.