Can You Bake Cookies In A Toaster Oven? – Essential Tips To Perfect Your Recipe
There is more to your toaster oven than, well, toasts. You can bake a pizza, cook sausages and bacon, roast vegetables, and even bake cakes.
Can you bake cookies in a toaster oven? You definitely can! Take your first step to become an expert cookie baker here.
Tips To Baking Cookies In Toaster Oven
So, before we proceed to the good stuff, let us discuss a few points that you must remember when baking cookies using your toaster oven.
Test The Accuracy Of Your Toaster Oven’s Temperature
Some toaster ovens send off a signal when they are done pre-heating. However, be sure that the temperature is accurate so as not to jeopardize your precious cookie recipe.
To test, start with a cold toaster oven. Then, put the baking rack in the middle position. Take an oven thermometer and place it in the baking tray. Set the toaster to Bake at 350o Fahrenheit.
When the appliance indicates that pre-heating is complete, check the oven thermometer if the temperature matches your set temperature. If it does, congratulations! Your oven is consistent with its heating.
If it does not, make necessary adjustments in your baking time.
Also, you may check if your toaster oven’s temperature remains consistent during the whole process of baking.
Continuing from the pre-heating test, keep your device turned on at 350o Fahrenheit. Keep the oven thermometer inside. Set the bake time at sixty minutes.
Then, record the initial temperature, and the temperature every after 15 minutes. After 60 minutes, add your readings. Get the average temperature by dividing the sum of readings by the number of readings taken.
You will know that the heating cycle is consistent if the resulting average is close to your set temperature of 350o Fahrenheit. If it isn’t, adjust your baking time accordingly.
Think Twice About Parchment Paper
Read the packaging of your parchment paper. If you see a note stating that it is not for toaster oven use, heed the advice.
You can use a Silpat or toaster oven silicone mats for baking cookies in your toaster oven. It makes cleaning up easier.
Bake A Test Cookie
Place one cookie or two and bake it with your toaster oven using your recipe. Adjust baking time based on your temperature tests.
What happens with your test cookie will help you make more necessary adjustments for the whole batch.
Toaster Oven Cookies
Can you make cookies in a toaster oven? Take your favorite cookie recipe and try it out following this method.
- Prepare your cookie dough as usual.
- Pre-heat the toaster oven based on your cookie recipe. Set your toaster oven to Bake. Then, set the timer to 10 minutes to start pre-heating. Keep in mind the results of your temperature tests, as discussed earlier, and adjust your settings accordingly.
- Prepare cookies in a Silpat or a toaster oven silicone mat. When arranging your cookies in the pan, be mindful of spacing.
- Place your cookies in the toaster oven once pre-heating is complete.
- Bake the cookies three minutes less than your original recipe. For example: for a 15-minute bake time, start and set your toaster oven at 12 minutes baking time.
- After your set time, check your cookies if they are cooked as you desire.
- If you are satisfied, carefully pull out your pan and let your cookies cool off.
- If the cookies look almost done, put the tray back, and set the timer with an additional one minute.
- If you see the cookies need more time to bake, put it back and set the timer for three more minutes.
- Take note of how much time it took you to finish the recipe using a toaster oven for future reference.
This article just gave you a clear answer to the question, can you bake cookies in a toaster oven? Once you have mastered your toaster oven’s cookie baking time, you can satisfy your sweet tooth cravings anytime!