Can I Use A Toaster Oven To Bake?
Not everyone owns a full-sized conventional oven. It's because aside from being expensive, it's not always that practical or necessary to have one. Can I use a toaster oven to bake? One might ask. Surprisingly yes, you can! There's so much more you can do with your toaster oven than just making your morning toasts.
Baking In A Toaster?
Can I use a toaster oven to bake? Definitely yes! Here are some things you can try baking using your toaster oven.
- Bake cookies, muffins, cakes, and quick loaves of bread - You can bake a small number of cookies or a small cake or even quick bread. The advantage of baking in a toaster oven is it takes a shorter time to preheat and shorter actual baking duration.
- Bake a pizza - You can bake a pizza too in a toaster over. But for this, you have to consider the size of your toaster. You can probably bake up to a 12-inch pizza. You can also make an English muffin or bagel pizzas with any of your favorite ingredients.
- Biscuits - Toaster oven is considered to be one of the best ways to make biscuits. You will realize that they are perfectly golden without becoming hard or dry.
- Baked potatoes - So it's not just bread, you can also make baked potatoes. Clean the potatoes thoroughly and poke holes in both sides using a fork. Then bake it in the toaster oven at 400 degrees for approximately one hour.
It's More Than Just Toasting
Here are five other things you can do with your toaster oven that you may not know of.
- Reheat Leftovers - Reheating leftovers using a toaster is even more advisable compared to using a microwave. Using the toaster oven won't make your food soggy and will retain the texture and the flavor of your food.
- Roast meat and vegetables - You can roast any meat like chicken, beef, pork, etc. Season the meat with salt, pepper, and your other favorite seasonings. Once the meat is almost done, add your vegetables.
- Dehydrate fruits and vegetables - Set your toaster at the lowest temperature setting, slice your fruits and vegetable, put them on a baking sheet, and put it inside the toaster under it's completely dehydrated.
- Cook bacon - Yes, it's ok to cook your bacon using a toaster oven. It's easier compared to frying it on the stovetop. You'll get the same perfect bacon while skipping that splashing hot grease.
- Melt pieces of broken crayons to make new, bigger crayons - If your kids love crayons but keep on breaking them, leaving you with those small uneven pieces, try to recycle them. Remove the covered paper and put the broken crayons in foil cup cups. Put the foil cups on a baking sheet, put them inside the toaster and wait for them to melt. Next is to let them cool, remove them from the foil, and your kids have a new set of crayons.
Now that we've answered your question, if can I use a toaster oven to bake? Go ahead and look for a good cookie recipe and try it using your toaster.